You are here
Important Information: COVID-19
Dear Valued Patient,
As the situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to develop, our entire team at Integrated Medical Services (IMS) will continue doing what we do best — caring for our patients — by remaining vigilant and agile while promoting health and safety.
It is with this goal in mind that IMS has made the decision to minimize exposure for our patients and employees by postponing all elective surgical cases through the end of the month. In order to ensure timely calls to all, we urge you not to call our clinics. We will be contacting you. Our extraordinary health care team is prepared to meet the challenge before us.
What to do if you are sick
Most people who contract COVID-19 (Coronavirus) will experience mild symptoms and can self-manage from the comfort of their own homes. The Centers for Disease Control recommends you seek medical advice if you develop symptoms, and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or if you live in or have recently been in an area with on-going spread. Nothing is more important than your health and safety, and the need to protect those most vulnerable to the Coronavirus. We are taking multiple steps to minimize health risks to our health team, our patients and our community. We at IMS are asking our patients to:
- Call first: Communicate travel history and symptoms before arriving at our offices, enabling our providers to determine the best setting for you to receive care.
- Stay home, separate yourself: Restrict activities outside the home and limit the contact with other people and animals in your home to limit the spread of the virus.
- Rest, stay hydrated: The CDC recommends getting rest and staying hydrated to help manage your health at home.
- Monitor your symptoms: If your symptoms get worse, call us. For medical emergencies, call 911. Notify dispatch personnel if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Other tips: The CDC also recommends wearing a face mask, covering coughs and sneezes, cleaning hands often, avoiding sharing personal household items and cleaning commonly touched surfaces.
- Please refer to your insurance plan for information on COVID 19 Alerts and Education
As we face these unprecedented times together, please know that the entire Integrated Medical Services team will call upon their training, talent and experience to care for every member of our community. Thank you for entrusting us with caring for you and your family.
The Arizona Department of Health has a 24-hour hotline at 1-844-542-8201, where trained health care professionals are standing by to answer questions about COVID-19.
To get the latest information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) here:
To learn more about how to protect yourself here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
Joel Edelstein, DO Mark Lonquist, MD
Chairman, IMS Internal Medicine Chairman, IMS Family Practice